Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Tear Sheet Fun

All fashionable thinkers take pride in going through monthly or even weekly magazines and taking tear sheets for inspirations. I'm no different in taking pages out of magazines.


If you don't already collect tear sheets, I strongly urge you to begin. It's very easy, simply go through a magazine and when you find a picture or any graphic inspiring rip it out and put it in a safe place.


Here is what I look for and why I collect tear sheets: 



  • References - When I want or need to style a look or need inspiration for  a photo shoot I go to my collection and see what I like and may try to imitate or may take the concept and recreate it my way.

  • History -It's a great way to go back and look at trends from the past and even to catalog what your favorite designers have created and what their different ads look like from season to season.  

  • Enjoyment - Sometimes going through a magazine and looking at creative fashion and ads are simply fun. A lot of the times I get behind on reading magazines so I try to set time aside to go through some of my magazine and find the best tear sheets. 

Collecting tear sheets is really fun and should be habit for every fashionable thinker. 

FT

No comments:

Post a Comment